Forest Stewardship Program
The GHCD Forest Stewardship Program is a voluntary, free, no obligation program offered to Private Non-Industrial Forest Landowners of any acreage in Grays Harbor County and the surrounding western Washington area.
At your request, a local Conservation District Service Forester will:
- Make an in-person site visit
- Work with you to create a personalized Forest Stewardship Plan tailored to YOUR goals and objectives, including written management recommendations, and maps
- Provide technical forestry assistance
- Provide Tree Farm Certification assistance and information
- Provide information on and assistance with available cost-sharing programs
- Provide educational events and/or materials on forestry and related topics
Forest Stewardship Program News
A Real Bear: Recognizing and Managing Bear Damage to Trees https://foreststewardshipnotes.wordpress.com/2020/02/07/a-real-bear-recognizing-and-managing-bear-damage-to-trees/ Grays Harbor CD's own forester, Dave Houk, wrote this article.
Outbreaks of Spruce Aphid Damage Coastal Washington Sitka Spruce https://foreststewardshipnotes.wordpress.com/2019/10/02/outbreaks-of-spruce-aphid-damage-coastal-washington-sitka-spruce/ Grays Harbor CD's own Forester, Dave Houk, contributed to this article.