As a small organization, Grays Harbor Conservation District may or may not have current job openings. Regardless, feel free to send us your resume at email@example.com so we can make sure to send you future job announcements. Please see below for current openings.
Employment Application Process
- Review job announcements and position descriptions below
- Develop application materials specific to the position (as detailed in each position description)
- Fill out the GHCD Employment Application
- Send completed application materials by application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org or 330 W. Pioneer Ave., Suite D., Montesano, WA, 98563
Riparian Restoration Crew Technician
The Grays Harbor Conservation District (GHCD) is recruiting to fill multiple permanent 40 hr./week Riparian Restoration Crew Technician positions. These positions are anticipated to start in the winter/early spring of 2021. Positions are dependent on continued grant funding. The work is based out of Montesano, WA at job sites throughout Grays Harbor County. Wages will be $14/hr – $15/hr depending on experience. These positions are eligible for medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Applications are due by 2:00pm February 24, 2021.
The following are examples of typical work duties but are not a comprehensive list.
- Planting native riparian trees and shrubs at restoration projects on private and public lands
- Maintenance/irrigation of native riparian tree and shrub plantings
- Mechanical/chemical treatment of invasive plant species
- Installation of woody hand-built in-stream restoration structures such as beaver dam analogues or post assisted log jams
- Installation of livestock exclusion fences
- Collection of field data on plant survival, invasive plant treatment effectiveness, and in-stream restoration effectiveness
Other work such as conducting basic forest inventory, habitat surveys, fish barrier assessment surveys, and collecting topographic survey data may be assigned as needed.
The following are examples of typical working conditions, but are not a comprehensive list:
- Work in inclement weather including rain, wind, and direct sun
- During planting days, there will be repetitive digging, bending, and load carrying
- Wade in river and stream water of varying depths and current speeds
- Work in remote areas, sometimes miles away from a road
- Use of equipment such as brush cutters, hydraulic post pounders, and pesticide sprayers
- Carry heavy loads for long distances
- Drive long distances in state-owned vehicles
- Work along busy roadways including state highways and county roads
- Valid Washington state driver’s license
Applications can be accessed at https://www.graysharborcd.org/employment-opportunities/ or contact us at email@example.com or 360-249-8532 to request one. Applications are due by 2:00pm February 24, 2021.