The Pacific Conservation District is pleased to announce an opportunity to contribute to conservation and your community by serving on the Board of Supervisors. Supervisors are public officials who direct the activities of the conservation district. Although they serve without compensation, they are eligible to be reimbursed for appropriate expenses. Depending on the current make-up of the board of supervisors, an appointee to a vacant elected supervisor position may be required to be a landowner or farm operator at the time of appointment. At least two of the three elected conservation district supervisors on the conservation district board must be landowners or operators of farms. The definition of landowner and farm operator is set out in WAC 135-110-110.
Conservation District Supervisor Duties:
- Identify local conservation needs and develop, implement, and evaluate programs to meet them.
- Administer the district by delegating tasks through a structure of board officers and members, committees, and others. Raise and budget district funds, and report on activities to the public.
- Set policy for staff to implement
- Coordinate assistance and funding from federal, state, and local government; district associations; and private groups.
- Supervise other volunteers and paid staff working with the district; coordinate with cooperating agency personnel.
- Educate and inform landowners and operators, general public, and local, state and federal legislators on conservation issues and programs.
The Pacific Conservation District is looking to appoint someone to serve in the vacant elected seat for the remainder of the term, expiring in 2020. Application packets are due no later than May 15th, 2019 by 4pm to the Pacific Conservation District Elections Supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org
All application packets must be submitted electronically by the deadline to be considered for the vacant seat. To request an application please reach out to the Elections Supervisor, Courtney Hagain, at email@example.com.
Information required in the application packet:
1. A completed application form.
2. A resume (no longer than two pages)
3. A list of at least three community references (prefer organizations that have collaborative partnerships with the district)
For more information or questions , contact us at (360) 875-6735